Thursday 20 March 2014

Apple- banana (eggless) whole wheat mini cakes

I don't have step by step pictures for this recipe as this was a spur of the moment idea that I instantly implemented.

At the bottom of my fruit basket laid ignored apples and forgotten bananas. The moment I saw them, I felt love and guilt at the same time. Love for all that they give us and guilt for ignoring them for so long. I had to use them immediately.

So I took:

Apples- 2 (washed and grated with skin)
Banana- 1 (mashed well)
Yogurt- 1 cup
Brown sugar- 1 cup
Aata/ whole wheat flour- 1 & 1/2 cups
Baking powder- 1 teaspoon
Sunflower oil- 1/2 cup
Walnuts or any nuts of your choice- chopped.

Process:

Mix it all together. Pour in a oiled baking dish/cup cake mould of your choice and bake for 45 minutes at 160-180 degrees Celsius.

The result is delicious.

Note: Since they are whole wheat, they are softer or soggier than the regular cakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment